Christmas is here…my favorite time of year (apart from the 3 months of summer). I’ve prepared this month’s recipe related to this wonderful period of time – Christmas cookies. During this time of year everybody over eats so I hope you enjoy this recipe. I promise that these cookies are delicious…let me know your opinion about their taste in the comments below 🙂
- 450g Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250g Margarine
- 300g White sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder and salt in the bowl and mix.
- Add the margarine and sugar to the mixture and mix until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and leave the dough to chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and grease the cookie sheets.
- Roll out the chilled dough and cut out the Christmas shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges are barely brown.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top for garnish.
I wish you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year from the bottom of my heart. May 2022 be a better year for all of us (without COVID) full of love, laughter and joy! This is my last blog for this year and I suggest that you subscribe to this website so that you won’t miss out great content prepared for you next year 🙂