Are you stressed out about what to cook for your family and friend at Christmas lunch?
Are you going to prepare a 3 course meal and want easy, delicious recipes?
This nutritious recipe of chili bean soup with avocado salsa is perfect to serve it for Christmas lunch as a starter for all your family and friends. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and vegans as it contains beans, avocado, tomatoes, herbs and spices for a delicious taste. In addition, it is also low in calories, carbs and fats. It is full of vitamin B, C, E, K, folate and anti-oxidants.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 800 g kidney beans
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 L vegetable stock
For the salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Half small onion, finely chopped
- Half small red chili, sliced (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and chilies and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the spices and continue to fry for a further minute.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or use a stick blender and process until smooth (it may be easier to do this in batches), return to the pan and heat. Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Serve the soup topped with a spoonful of salsa.
|Per 100 g|
|of which sugars (g)||2.0|
|Of which saturates (g)||0.4|
So, now you have your starter idea ready for Christmas – Chili bean soup with avocado! If, you are still worried what to cook for Christmas main and dessert, I encourage you to check out our blog for easy, healthy and delicious recipes. In addition, if you want to change your eating habits throughout the coming year or want more recipe ideas I recommend you to order our recipe book ‘Everyday Cooking – a helping hand’. In this recipe book you will have more than 50 delicious recipes to cook for all your family and friends, all year long.