As strawberries are back in season and, as a result much cheaper in price I decided to post another recipe with strawberries. Last year I’ve posted a healthy recipe of homemade lemonade with fresh, tasty strawberries and had shared some nutritional tips.
This strawberry and blueberry trifle has a layer of sponge, a layer of whipped cream cheese and a layer of fresh strawberries and blueberries. What more could you ask for? Additionally, it’s fairly straightforward to make and it takes about 27 minutes.
- 60 g granulate white sugar
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 30 ml water
- 600 g sponge cake
- 200 g cream cheese
- 80g granulated white sugar
- 200g whipping cream
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 cups blueberries
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar, lemon juice and water. Stir the mixture and boil over medium heat.
- Slice the sponge cake into 8 cm thick. Brush each side of the cake with the lemon syrup.
- Mix the cream cheese with the sugar until it becomes fluffy. Continue by adding the whipped cream and mix until smooth.
- Put the pieces of sponge cake in the bottom of the bowl and add half the cream. Spread to all sides of the bowl and add half the strawberries and blueberries on top of the cream.
- Repeat the step above and refrigerate for about an hour. Serve.
This easy, delicious recipe of strawberry and blueberry trifle is ideal as a dessert for your family and friends. This recipe is also ideal as it is a means of introducing fruit in your child’s diet. I encourage you to check out other recipes from our blog for easy, healthy and delicious recipes. In addition, if you want to change your eating habits or want more recipe ideas I recommend you to order our recipe book ‘Everyday Cooking – a helping hand’. In this recipe book you will have more than 50 delicious recipes to cook for all your family and friends, all year long.