Is your lifestyle a busy one and time is precious for you?
Do you want to cook ‘healthy’ food?
Do you want to impress your spouse or husband?
This bacon and avocado pasta is the recipe to impress him. Why? Because all men I encounter in my work and personal life totally love bacon! Nowadays, even men want to be healthy and mixing one of their favorite food with food which is labelled as ‘healthy’ is a perfect balance combination to impress. I can related this from my boyfriend. Nearly in all my blogs I always put the word healthy in inverted commas. The reason is that all food can be healthy and all food can be unhealthy. It all depends on the portion size. This recipe only takes 20 minutes – 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook so it’s perfect for a busy lifestyle.
- 300g wholemeal pasta
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 diced avocados
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Half small onion
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezes lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Put the vegetable oil in a pan and heat. Add the bacon for 7 minutes until brown.
- Put the cooked bacon and pasta in a bowl. Add the avocado, tomatoes, onions, basil, and lemon zest and juice. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve cold or hot. Add pepper and basil leaves to garnish.
Let me know what you think of this bacon and avocado pasta. Leave me your comments below. If, you would like more of these recipe you can order our recipe book. It contains 50 low calorie recipes all with nutritional information.