This recipe of sweet potato and peanut soup offers a quick, nutrient dense meal. It takes about 15 minutes preparation and around 20 minutes of cooking. This soup is rich in vitamin C, A and B6 from the sweet potato and omega 3 fatty acids from the peanuts. Omega 3 fatty acid are essential in our diet as they manage to reduce the bad cholesterol produced by our body.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 L tomatoes
- 3 L light coconut milk
- 5 L water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 80g chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Put the olive oil in a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, coconut milk, water, spices and peanuts. Cook until the potato is fork-tender.
- Add the peanut butter and cook until it becomes thick and creamy
- Top with more peanuts, garnish with mint and serve.
I honestly hope that you try this sweet potato and peanut soup recipe out and enjoy it with your family and friends. Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below. If, you would like more recipes which are low in calories & carbs I invite you to order our book. Each recipe also contains the nutritional information inside.