Are you trying to lose weight?
Do you restrict food to lose weight?
How long has it been that you’ve tasted a pizza?
If you follow my blog by now you know that I am totally against any type of food restriction. In other words, you can eat a ‘normal’ pizza dough and fill it with whatever food you want. I know what you are saying “OMG I will put so much weight if I do that.” I promise you that if you eat a pizza everyday but you have the right portion size for you you won’t gain weight. Therefore, I strongly suggest that before you deprive yourself of all the tasty food you check with a registered dietitian your right portion sizes.
Despite all of this, I know that most of you who are weight watchers suffer from anxiety if you have to eat a ‘normal’ pizza from a take-away. As a result, I decided to give you an option of a low calorie pepperoni pizza if you are still not comfortable to try the pizza take-away. I don’t usually have time to do my own pizza from scratch and end up buying it ready-made. This time I managed to do it all by myself and I decided to make extra dough to use it for another time.
- 200g plain Greek yogurt
- 300g self-rising flour
- 200g tomato sauce
- 150g skimmed mozzarella
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Mix the yogurt and flour until they combine together. Use a wooden spoon for this step.
- Knead the dough in the bowl using your hands this time for about 2 minutes. If, the dough is sticky add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until it has the right consistency.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a large piece of parchment paper. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each dough into a 30cm oval shape.
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes.
- When the dough starts to turn lightly golden, remove from the oven and start to add the toppings – tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and basil evenly.
- Put the pizza in the oven again and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each pizza. Cut and serve.
I enjoyed every bite of this low calorie pepperoni pizza. Honestly, I thought that it wouldn’t taste so nice but I was wrong about this one! I hope you enjoy it as well. Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below.