This beef and broccoli recipe is ideal for a date night at home. It is full of protein served with a tasty ginger and garlic sauce. It is rich in iron, vitamin Bs, vitamin C and vitamin K. Broccoli also contains various anti-oxidants such as carotenoids (which are good for our eyesight), sulforaphane (which prevents cancer formation in our body) and kaempferol (which protects against heart diseases, cancer, inflammation and allergies). This recipe is quite a quick and easy recipe as it takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes of cooking time.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 minutes
- 450g beef, thinly sliced
- 500g broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 200g brown rice
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low salt soy sauce
- 50g water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slice the meat into very thin slices and add a pinch of salt. Let it rest.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the sauce and whisk.
- Heat a large pan and add a good layer of oil until it boils. Then, add the slices of meat in a single layer for a minute or two until the meat has a nice browning colour. Then, flip the meat and leave for another minute or two and remove from the pan. Continue these steps until all the slices of meat are cooked.
- In the same pan, add a little bit of oil again and this time add the broccoli. Stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until they have a nice colour of green. Set aside.
- Turn off the heat and let the pan to cool down. Add the ginger powder and garlic for 1 or 2 minutes. Then add the prepared sauce mixture until thickened.
- Add the beef and broccoli back into the pan and mix.
I hope you enjoyed this beef and broccoli recipe. If, you would like to receive more free recipes please subscribe to our website. In addition, if you would like more recipes like this one I encourage you to order our recipe book. It contains 50 healthy, low calorie recipes all with nutrition information inside.