This pumpkin, rosemary & walnut pasta is one of my favorite dishes as it offers a sweet fruity taste but at the same time it has an earthy taste as well. The walnuts with rosemary also give this recipe a crunchy and chewy texture. This delicious recipe is rich in Vitamin A & C. Vitamin A is important for a good eyesight and vitamin C to help our immune system remain healthy and well. It is also rich in minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium and omega 3. Omega 3 is usually low in our diet as we tend to eat more foods which are rich in omega 6. Unfortunately, an imbalance of omega 3:6 ratio leads to inflammatory responses in our body. therefore, this pumpkin, rosemary & walnut pasta is perfect to decrease body inflammation and improve your overall health. This recipe takes a total time of 45 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minces)
- 250g pumpkin (puree)
- 250g chicken
- 200g cream
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- Pinch of salt
- 450g pasta
- 250g walnuts
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven 190o Put the walnuts in a food processor and run until they have a chopped texture. Put the chopped walnuts on a sheet pan and heat in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add rosemary, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool down.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While cooking the pasta, heat the butter over low heat.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin and chicken. Simmer until smooth.
- Add the cream and salt. Simmer until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
- Add the squeezed lemon slowly according to your preferred taste.
- Mix the sauce with pasta and sprinkle the walnut rosemary mixture.
Vegan Version: Use olive oil instead of the butter and coconut milk instead of the cream mentioned above.
Let me know what you think about this recipe, especially if you tried the vegan version. I tried it myself and for me it is still really good. in terms of taste it is not as rich as the non-vegan version but still tasty and enjoyable! If you would like more recipes like this one I encourage you to order our recipe book. It contains 50 healthy, low calorie recipes all with nutrition information inside.