This recipe of tofu burgers is high in various vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Tofu is a low calorie, high protein dairy alternative. It is produced by a coagulating soya milk to form curds, a process similar to how dairy cheese is produced. It has a spongy texture so the herbs and spices are absorbed well to give a palate taste. In fact, these easy and healthy tofu burgers get plenty of flavour from the onions, garlic and different herbs such as mint and basil. In addition, this recipe also offers a spicy taste by using some chili sauce. This recipe is suitable for normal, vegetarian and vegan diets. In addition, it is also suitable for children who suffer from lactose intolerance or fussy eating.
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 5 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- Chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put a heavy pan on the tofu to press out the water content for about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the tofu using a fork until it becomes crumbly.
- Add all the other burger ingredients in the bowl and mix.
- Separate the mixture into 4 round burgers, using your hands.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the burgers to get a nice, brown colour on the outside.
- Transfer the burgers into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a toasted bun with chili sauce, lettuce, carrots and cucumbers.
I enjoy this delicious recipe and therefore I invite you to try this healthy recipe, low calorie recipe that your entire family would love. I would love to hear from you what you think about this recipe. Leave your comments below 🙂