This cheese, broccoli soup is an easy quick recipe. It takes 45 minutes including the preparation and cooking time. This recipe soup is rich in vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin K, folate, iron and calcium making this recipe ideal to boost your immune system. The immune system helps our body to remain healthy as much as possible by fighting harmful viruses, bacteria and damaged body tissue from oxidative stress. If, you or your child are continuously getting sick it might be a sign of a weak immune system. Therefore, it is important to choose foods which are high in vitamins and minerals. This recipe of cheese, broccoli soup is also suitable for vegetarians.
Total time: 45minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 100g broccoli stem
- 250g broccoli florets
- 30g all- purpose flour
- 250ml whole milk
- 1 carrot (large)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 200g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Put 1 tablespoon butter in a large soup pot and heat.
- Add the broccoli stem and leave it for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add another 4 tablespoons of butter in the pot. When it melts add the flour and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the milk slowly and whisk constantly for about 10 minutes or until it resembles a creamy soup base.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and spices and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot and leave to cool slightly and add most of the cheese, Stir until it melts.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and a piece of crusty bread.
I hope that you try this cheese, broccoli soup and enjoy its flavors with your family and friends. Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below. If, you would like more recipes which are low in calories & carbs I invite you to order our recipe book. Each recipe also contains the nutritional information inside.