Would you like a refreshing dessert?
Or maybe a dessert idea for when you host a party at your home?
Watermelon – one of my favorite summer fruits. You can have it as a healthy snack or dessert. Watermelon is low in sugars and fats. It is rich in vitamin C, potassium and magnesium which helps you boost your immune system for optimum health and wellness. The nutrition information of watermelon per 100g:
|Of which sugars||6g|
Today, I decided to give this fruit a twist for when you host a home party. In my opinion, I think that this is ideal to serve as a finger food. Or as a dessert at home when you have no guests at all, simply for you and your loved one. I remind you, that if you have young children it is important to put it in a safe place out of their reach. It will look exactly like a normal watermelon slice. So, be careful you don’t want to find your child drunk unexpectedly.
Here is the watermelon tequila recipe I prepared for you!
Serves 6 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 40 mins
Total time: 60 minutes
- 250g white sugar
- 200 ml water
- 120 ml tequila
- 50 ml triple sec
- Add the sugar and water together in a saucepan and boil. Keep stirring the mixture until all the sugar dissolves.
- Let the mixture cool a bit and add the tequila and triple sec.
- Refrigerate the tequila syrup.
- While the tequila syrup is cooling down, cut the watermelon into 12 slices about 2 cm thick.
- Pour the syrup on the watermelon and refrigerate for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the watermelon from the syrup and place them on a platter.
- Garnish with some mint and serve.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. If, you would like to receive more free recipes please subscribe to our website. In addition, if you would like more recipes like this one I encourage you to order our recipe book. It contains 50 healthy, low calorie recipes all with nutrition information inside.