Are you bored having porridge for breakfast?
Are you looking for healthy & delicious breakfast ideas?
Have you ever heard about breakfast shakshuka?
written by Ms Weronika Kordjaka, updated by Ms Rowinda Dimech
This recipes name ‘ breakfast shakshuka’ means ‘all mixed up’ and it is made from poached eggs in a rich and spiced tomato sauce. It is a traditional Israel breakfast although it originated in either Yemen or Tunis. Try this easy and delicious recipe, which undoubtedly is worth trying for your loved ones and friends!
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 2 eggs,
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon of olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ground pepper
- mixed herbs
- Sprinkle olive oil on the pan and add the tomatoes. Mix it with the condiments, bring to boil, cover and let simmer for about 5-10 min until tomato sauce will get thickened.
- Use the spoon to make some indentations in the sauce and crack the eggs inside them.
- Add the olive slices on the top and cover the skillet over low-medium heat and leave until the whites will get settled.
- Slip off the cover and garnish shakshuka with chives, basil, parsley or herbs.
- Serve with toasted bread.
|Per 100 g|
|of which sugars (g)||5,3|
|of which saturates (g)||5,4|
This recipe can be modified by adding other ingredients such as cheese, seeds and cream. As you can see, this recipe is healthy, quick and most importantly delicious. Let me know what you think of this breakfast shakshuka recipe. Leave me your comments below. If, you would like more of these recipe you can order our recipe book. It contains 50 low calorie recipes all with nutritional information inside!