Do you have kids and you are running out of snacks ideas this summer?
Do you want a recipe snack idea where your kids can help you out?
I have the perfect recipe for you. Chocolate Apple Lollipop Sticks!
These Chocolate Apple Lollipop Sticks are amazing for your child as a summer snack. They offer a combination of fruit and chocolate. Usually children like chocolate but not so much fruit. Therefore, this is a perfect combination to encourage your child eat a fruit without any fights or tantrums. This recipe is also ideal if your child is a fussy eater. This recipe is quick and easy to follow. In fact, you can encourage your child to help you out for this recipe and therefore spend some quality time cooking together.
Preparation time: 10 mins
- 3 apples
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Lollipop sticks
- Cut the apples in round slices around 2 cm thick.
- Insert a lollipop stick in each slice.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of boiling water and stir. Pour the melted chocolate into a small bowl.
- Dip each slice into the chocolate and leave to dry. Repeat his step for another 3 times or until the apple is fully coated.
- Place the apple sticks in a refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- After the layer of chocolate hardens, brush one side of the apple with some caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle some sprinkles on top of the caramel.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
Tip: ideally these are eaten on the same day that they are made.
If you like this recipe please share with your friends and leave a comment below. In addition, if you would like to receive more free recipes please subscribe to our website. Also, if you would like more recipes like this one I encourage you to order our recipe book. It contains 50 healthy, low calorie recipes all with nutrition information inside.